Friday, February 29, 2008

Spotlight: Amber

AMBER LOGAS
Amber is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and grew up second to youngest in a family of 4 girls and 2 boys. There is an 8 year gap between her and the youngest! Her husband Ryan is a business consultant at Omiture, and they have been married almost 3 years. Amber's brother married Ryan's sister in the San Diego Temple; Amber and Ryan met at the wedding and were married four years later in the same place! They have a beautiful little 9 month old, Summer, who loves saying the word "UH OH". 
If Amber could travel anywhere in the world, she would visit the tropical island of Madeira, off the coast of Morocco. This was one of the areas her hubby served in on his mission to Portugal. She says they have the most amazing fireworks on New Years and amazing views.
Amber loves the sun, and in the summer she likes to spend as much time outside as possible. They love to go boating and wakeboarding on her sister's boat, as well as going to the pool, longboarding/skateboarding, hiking and camping (this year they're planning a camping trip for a week at the beach in California). Lately, however, all Amber's free time has been taken up with looking at homes.
Amber loves hot wings, especially at the really good places in Pennsylvania where you can choose from 20 flavors. She also likes Adam Sandler movies and fantasy books like Harry Potter, The Bartimacus series, the City of Ember series, etc. Her favorite Disney character (like Rachel) is Mulan, and her favorite instrument is the sickle scaler because she loves cleaning the linguals of the lower anteriors. 
Here's Amber's answer to the question on her talents, I love it:
"I am a very good opera singer and I went to the junior Olympics when I was 13 for the pummel horse. SIKE! I am actually not good at much. I am a good chemistry tutor and I know how to play the steel pans and drums. My husband taught me a few tricks on the skateboard, but I didn't get to practice much because I had a baby."
After graduation, Amber plans on having another baby and working 1-2 days a week. Thanks for all your great answers Amber! We heart you!

1 comment:

theRach said...

Amber, it was so much fun learning more about you!! And by the way, I love to look at your adorable pictures of Summer on your blog. What a cutie! :)